Wednesday, December 10, 2008

6 Years!!

So a while back I realized that Ashlyn's 6th Birthday was quickly approaching. So I told her that I didn't want her to grow up too fast and that I wanted her to just stay 5 for a while longer. Then I asked her if she would do that for me? Well in all her innocent sweetness she looked me dead in the eye and said "Mommy I would but I just don't know how!". Well I couldn't help but smile knowing that she was willing to prolong a Birthday (every kids dream) just to please me. Well she is right she cannot stop her growing older and neither can I. Against my will my little girl celebrated her 6th Birthday today!! I mean I love that she is growing up but what happened to that little tiny baby that I thought would break at any moment cause she was so little. Or what about that little pudgy toddler that would hug you so hard your head would wanna explode. I know that she is only 6 but I am going to blink and my little girl will be 16!!

I do need to brag on her for a moment though. My 6 year old daughter can read. She can write her name in CURSIVE!! She can almost tie her shoes. She is working ahead of her class in kindergarten cause she is so far ahead!! She amazes us daily with her knowledge of God and her spirituality. Ashlyn, you are an amazing young girl and we love you so very very much!! You make us so proud with your schoolwork and especially your faith. You are a huge source of joy in our lives and we thank God daily for your existence. Keep growing up girl cause we know you are going to do amazing things for God one day and we cannot wait to see what He has in store for you!





2 comments:

Jenn @ A Heart For Home Sweet Home said...

Hey Jennifer,
My name is Jennifer as well and I am a mommy to two young boys (4 and 1) and my husband is a Worship Pastor at our church in Glen Mills, Pa. I found your blog through a comment you left on McKMama's Blog and thought I would send you a comment. I wouldn't normally do this, but I saw your comment about your kids eczema and being interested in how tea tree oil could help and I know of a FABULOUS company that makes a lotion (using tea tree oil and other natural ingredients) that is THE BEST thing on the market for ezcema! The company that I shop with is all about wellness and using more naturally based ingredients for ALL of the products in your home (cleaning products, personal care products...pretty much everything for your home and body!) Feel free to email me for more info! I'd love to share how you can shop for these products or answer any questions: itzagr8life@gmail.com You can also check out my blog here: http://thereamkitandkaboodle.blogspot.com
Thanks and sorry for putting this in a comment! :-) Wasn't sure how else to reach you!
Take care,
Jennifer Ream

Anonymous said...

Your child is such a mini you. She looks just like you. Too cute!
So...since it's been like a million years...why don't you post another blog? Just a thought!

Your old friend, the boof,
Christi